Wednesday 17 August 2011

QQ : NUMBER FOUR - August 17, 2011

A ONCE-A-WEEK (or so) LIST OF WHAT I  GIVE A  DAMN ABOUT. WITH 10 = MOST IMPORTANT;  AND 1 = NOT SO MUCH

QQ = 10 :  Anthony Bourdain reading Sarah Bakewell’s terrific “How to Live: Or a Life of                   
                  Montaigne in One Question and Twenty Attempts at an Answer.” 
                  “I suspend judgment”

QQ = 9 :    “Financial Times” is the best (and last great) newspaper in the world. It is not a
                   coincidence that it is also making money.

QQ = 8 :     Read “Leap of Faith” The making of a Republican front-runner.by Ryan Liz
                   in the August 15 issue of The New Yorker. And then begin to pray.
   
QQ = 7 :     Somalia. Prayers will not help. Manna from heaven is an outdated concept.
                   Unless of course you happen to be Michell Bachman or Rick Perry. They have
                   a direct line.

QQ = 6 :      Jack Diamond forgot that buildings have sides and backs. Nice facade dude!   '

QQ = 5 :      And speaking of buildings, what the hell is that top hat thing, RoyThompson     
                    Hall  in Toronto’s entertainment district. This city has architectural issues.
                    Bad architecture should be severly punished. And as for Libeskind’s
                    monstrosity....OMFG! One can only weep.

QQ = 4 :      Glen Gould continues to slay me.       
                 
QQ = 3 :       Monetize this! What a strange word...”monetize”, a word utilized as a goal for a
                     decimated recorded muisc industry. How do you monetize an aesthetic?
                     How do you monetize a cultural sensibility?For that matter, how do you
                     monetize human compassion?
                    
QQ = 2 :       Steve Jobs eliminated all the jobs. The machines have taken over and there
                     are no jobs, just algorithms. 

QQ = 1 :       You can google me, tweat me and facebook me, email me, IM me and linkdin
                      my profile. Blog me, poke me, like me, youtube me, translate me and map
                      me. Search me, group me, alert me and share me.
                      Is this a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment